As with all equipment in our home, after a time the central heating boiler begins to wear out or breaks down and needs to be replaced.
Here are 5 of the most common ‘tell-tale’ signs that your boiler is faltering and may need replacing.
- Age. If your boiler is between 10-15 years old and is beginning to make strange, unfamiliar noises like banging or hissing, it is probably reaching the end of its active life and could do with being replaced.
- Higher energy bills. If your energy usage has increased, it is possibly because the boiler is taking longer to heat up or, if you are constantly adjusting the thermostat, the boiler is not maintaining the temperature you require. These are two sure signs the boiler is faltering as it is no longer energy efficient.
- Breaking down more frequently. All boilers will occasionally need repairs but if you are requiring the services of a heating engineer on are regular basis, the costs can quickly mount up and it may be more cost effective to change the boiler.
- Water leakage. Again, an occasional leak, although unfortunate, is acceptable, but a boiler or pipes that are constantly leaking or scaling need replacing.
- The flame in your boiler is yellow, and not blue. A yellow flame indicates the gas in your boiler is not burning correctly, and your boiler could be producing carbon monoxide (CO), which is a poisonous gas. The flame inside your boiler should be a strong blue flame and not a loose, floppy, yellow flame.
At Range Heating our experienced engineers are trained to design and install central heating systems using energy efficient boilers.
If you are thinking about getting a new boiler, call us and one of our friendly, expert heating engineers will visit your home for a free consultation and give you a written estimate for your new boiler.
Call Range Heating on 07872 105 094 to talk about a new boiler.