18 -24 SEPTEMBER 2017 is the 7th annual Gas Safety Week.
The purpose of the week is to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances, which can cause:-
- Gas leaks,
- Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
The following information has been published as part of the safety week campaign
Six simple steps to help keep you safe and warm in your home
- Only use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances. You can find and check an engineer at GasSafeRegister.co.uk (check out our graphic below) or call 0800 408 5500.
- Check both sides of your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
- Have all your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year. If you rent your home ask for a copy of the landlord’s current Gas Safety Record.
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning –
- loss of consciousness.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g.
- lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones,
- black marks or stains on or around the appliance,
- too much condensation in the room.
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
At Range Heating all our engineers are Gas Safe Registered and fully insured. We are happy to share our documentation with you if you ask. We take our responsibility for customer safety seriously.
To put your mind at ease that you are safe in your home book a service for your gas appliances today or get a free quotation. There is no obligation to proceed with the work but our costs will always beat British Gas for the same job.
Call Range Heating on 07872 105 094 to arrange a boiler service.