It can be very stressful if your boiler breaks down during the winter, but fortunately in most cases it can be repaired quickly, restoring warmth to your home. However sometimes it cannot be repaired or it may be a better course of action to replace the boiler
There are a number of things to consider:-
- Safety – Some older boilers no longer meet modern laws and guidelines on boiler safety and operation. Consult a professional heating engineer to make sure that your boiler is safe. Even if an engineer can fix a fault with your boiler, if it is potentially unsafe then it is not worth the risk, it is time to replace the boiler.
- Efficiency -a new boiler may be significantly more energy efficient. Even if the fault with your boiler can be fixed you could save money in the long run by installing a boiler that is more efficient.
- Cost of Repair – the cost of repairing an older boiler can be high, particularly if replacement parts are difficult to get hold of, and over time it could be better to use that money to replace the boiler with a newer boiler which has a warranty.
- Frequency of breakdown – if you are frequently having problems with your boiler it could more cost-effective to replace the boiler rather than constantly paying out for repairs.
- Age of the boiler – if you have an old boiler which is out of warranty think carefully about how much longer will the boiler last. Rather than repairing it may be more cost effective to replace the boiler for a more energy efficient model.
If you have any concerns or questions you would like to ask about changing your boiler, get in touch with the friendly and experienced team at Range Heating.
Range Heating has been carrying out central heating installations in Manchester and Cheshire since 2008. We are experts in installing gas boilers and we’ve got a great reputation for outstanding customer service.
Call Range Heating on 07872 105 094