Servicing a boiler regularly is essential for maintaining the overall health of your heating system. Ensuring yours is looked at each year not only provides reassurance it is working efficiently, but it is often a requirement of a manufacturer’s warranty.
What happens during a boiler service?
Our comprehensive boiler service is carried out by engineers that are qualified, insured and Gas Safe-registered.
We conduct a series of tests to ensure your boiler is working as it should, including the following:
- An inspection to confirm your boiler adheres to all the current regulations and requirements as well as a visual check on the flame inside
- A study of your boiler’scontrols to ensure they are working correctly
- A check for leaks or corrosion, because even the smallest leak can quickly develop into a big problem for your property whether it is water from the system or, more worryingly, a carbon monoxide leak
- Removal of the bolier’s outer casing before testing the function of its primary components
- A gas check to confirm that your boiler is working at the appropriate pressure. If it is too low, the boiler efficiency’s decreases
- A flue test, in which our engineer will ensure there are no obstructions inside the terminals as well as checking the flue is safely fitted
- Cleaning any parts of the boiler that require it, which may include removing the casing and checking each component inside. The inside of the boiler itself will also be cleaned.
Firing up the bolier to allow an engineer to check for any obvious working faults.
Why should you have an annual boiler service?
An annual service is not only in your best interests financially, but it also ensures the safety of you, your loved ones and the property.
Identifying any notable problems in your boiler can help you to prevent more serious issues presenting in the future.
Addressing them before they get to that stage can assist to with saving a substantial amount of money on repairs as well as keeping your system as efficient as possible.
A boiler is an investment and you will want to protect it for as long as possible.
At Range Heating, we offer a free quotation with no obligation to proceed with the work.
We are also committed to our price always beating that quoted by British Gas for the same job.
If it is close to a year since your most recent boiler service, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 07872 105 094